McWilkys were the principal contractor for the supply and installation of the training lights at the Wivenhoe Showgrounds for the Burnie City Council.
The project consisted of:
- the removal of temporary poles
- supply and installation of 4 new 35 metre towers complete with 16 lights on each tower for football and cricket
- supply and installation of 3 new 25 metre towers complete with 5 lights on each tower, plus 21 12 metre poles with 3 lights each for trotting night racing
- installation of underground cables from a new extension to the main switchboard to 4 new switchboards at each 35 metre tower
- installation of a user pays metering & control PLC
installation of submains to the scoreboard, and a fibre optic cable.